Daryl B. Shankland
- University of Illinois, BS Communications , Summa Cum Laude, 1975
- Broadcast news reporter and sales representative 1975 to 1980, WLRW Champaign, Il and WGEM Quincy, Il
- Registered Representative Paine Webber 1980 to 1986
- Registered Representative Smith Barney and predecessor firms 1986 to 2003
- Branch Manager Smith Barney 1987 to 1996
- Registered Investment Advisor Butterfield Capital 2003 to 2006
- President Shankland Financial Advisors, LLC 2006 to present
Alden M. Burnett III
- Eagle Scout 1976
- Illinois State University, B.S. Communications, 1983
- Eagle Scout mentor & Assistant Scout Master
- 1993 to 1997 Manufacturer’s Representative working as liaison between manufacturer’s and small business owners
- V.P. & partner 21st Century Building Products 1997-2004
- Peace Memorial Church youth group volunteer
- Registered Representative since 2004
- Series 6 Investment Company / Variable Products securities license – December 2004
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent license – December 2004
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser license – September 2006
- Series 7 General Securities Registered Representative license – March 2007
- Life, accident and health insurance licenses 2004
- Shankland Financial Advisers, LLC – November 2013
Buddy “Bud” Nidey
- Small business owner 1984-1992
- Accounting and business management 1993-present
- College of Financial Planning graduate, Denver, Colorado 1994
- BA Business Administration Loyola University of Chicago 1994
- Registered Certified Public Accountant 1999
- Active as Youth Director, Administrator and member of Faith Bible Church Joliet, Illinois.
- Currently President, BLN Accounting and Retirement Solutions, LLC
- Investment Advisor Representative Shankland Financial Advisors, LLC
Licences and Accredidations held:
- AHIP Certification for Medicare Advantage
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Series 65 Registered Investment Advisor Representative Shankland Financial Advisors, LLC
As Certified Public Accountant and a graduate of the College of Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado, Buddy “Bud” Nidey applies his strong analytical background to his work as an investment advisor representative. He enjoys coordinating clients’ investment portfolios with solid financial planning that takes income taxes, diversification and safety into consideration. Bud works with families up to and through retirement, mapping out strategies that maximize Social Security and other sources of income to a retiree. When working with a client, Bud prepares a personalized analysis showing how retirement income can flow year by year throughout retirement. This unique spreadsheet helps fill in all the pieces of what might otherwise be a confusing financial puzzle. It is invaluable to many as a tool to understand and feel comfortable with their plans and goals for retirement. Because he also assists clients with income tax preparation, health, life and long term care insurance, he can truly orchestrate comprehensive planning in all the areas families have critical needs. Bud is a frequent speaker regarding financial topics and conducts regular seminars on “Social Security Maximization” and “Taxes in Retirement.”
Frances N Inda
- Grossmont College, A.S. Occupational Therapy Asst., 2001
- National Board Certification Occupational Therapy, 2002
- Certified Occupational Therapist Asst., License 2003
Universityof Phoenix, B.S. Business Administration, 2004
- The University of the State of New York, Occupational Therapy Asst., 2014
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance Licenses, 2012
- Associate Advisor, Legal & Medical Liaison, Shankland Financial Advisers, LLC, 2019
Frances’ focus is on providing exemplary service to a diverse group of clients. She is highly experienced in all aspects of client servicing ranging from helping individual clients problem solve and plan for the future. She is a resident of San Diego, California. Frances attended Grossmont College and graduated with her Associate degree in the Science in Occupational Therapy in 2002 and her Bachelors of Science in Business Administration. She prides herself on her sense of accomplishment at finding the right solution for a new client or helping them to understand a confusing insurance situation. She holds a strong belief that proper insurance protection and retirement planning is a key component of any successful financial plan. She can review the protection you have in place and provide you a solution using the most current, competitive products available. Her passions include spending time with her family & their three senior dogs, traveling the world and touring as an award-winning athletic fitness competitor to promote fitness and wellness in order to inspire others to reach their fullest potential. In her presence, you will know that you are being guided by someone who is passionate and cares about helping everyone and will see to it that she does the right thing for you and your family.
Debra J. Carmody
- Southern Connecticut State University. BS Chemistry
- Chemist AhlstromFiber Composites 2001-2005
- Product Development Engineer/Chemist Precision Fabrics Group 2005-2008
- Process Engineer Colbond 2008-2013
- Wealth Advisor Ethos Wealth Group 2013-2017
- Wealth Advisor Early Retirement Planning 2018-2019
Debra has spent her career in roles requiring precision and accuracy. She holds multiple patents as a chemist and brings that same meticulousness as a financial advisor. Debra is an educator and a financial problem solver as she enjoys guiding clients to achieve their goals and dreams. She enjoys spending time with her life partner Eric as well as her rescue dogs Jude and Sasha. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time in nature, crafting and with friends and family.
Maurice R. Dyson
- Columbia College, Columbia University, A.B. (with King’s Crown Honors), 1991-1995.
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D. (with Harlan Fiske Stone Honors), 1996-1999.
- Teachers College, Columbia University, Fellow, Department of Organization & Leadership, 1999-2000.
- Post Doctoral Research Scholar, Keele University, Staffordshire, United Kingdom, 2005
- University of California at Irvine, Fundamentals of Financial Planning; Conducing A Thorough Market Assessment & Entrepreneurs Forum, Online Studies, 2007-Present
- Member, Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States of America, NY Supreme Court, NY Court of Appeals, NY Appellate Division Court, 2000-Present.
- Financial Development Officer at Columbia University, DDC, 1991-1994.
- Corporate Law Associate Counsel of Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Securities Law Practice Departments, 1998-2001.
- Program Coordinator of the Merrill Lynch Philanthropic Foundation SB-NY Program, 1995-1996.
- Enforcement Counsel at the U.S. Department of Education, OCR, 2000-2001.
- Managing Attorney, The Dyson Law Firm, 2000
- School Finance Advisor to the Texas State Legislature, 2002.
- Professor of Law, at Columbia University, Zhejiang University, Southern Methodist University, Universite de Nice, City University of New York, TJSL, Suffolk University Law School, 2002-Present.
- Registered Counsel at the U.S. Department of Justice, EOIR, 2017 – Present
- Registered Counsel at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, USCIS, 2017 – Present
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, NY, 2000 – Present
- Certified Conflict Resolution Mediator, Mediation Institute, 2007 – Present · Licensed in Life, Accident and Health Insurance, CA, DC, NY, MA.
- CDI & NAIC Certified in Annuity Suitability in Transactions
- LIMRA & NU Certified in Anti-Money Laundering Best Practices
- NU Certified in Trusts and Estate Planning
- Associate Advisor & Legal Liaison, Shankland Financial Advisors LLC, 2019.Maurice has diverse experience as a corporate lawyer representing fortune 500 corporations, media conglomerates and global investors in private placements, securities registrations, acquisitions, including the nation’s larger corporate merger valued at approximately US $166 billion. He has represented major institutional leverage buy out firms for transactions totaling over US $1.3 billion. In addition, he has also been involved in successful class action school finance litigation awarding $5.6 billion for operating aid and $9.2 billion in capital funding to students in need. As a recipient of numerous awards including the prestigious King’s Crown Award, the Kluge Award, the Albert Roothbert Endowment, the Lester A. and Stella Porter Russell Endowment, and the Society of the Order of the Barristers, he has also advocated for civil rights on behalf of children with disabilities, and is a talented trusts and estates attorney helping families with their sophisticated legacy estate planning needs. He believes in the importance of passing the American dream onto new generations by providing high quality concierge service with innovative solutions to optimize intergenerational capital wealth preservation and to generate lifelong retirement income. He loves showing his clients how they can employ trusts to take advantage of a disparity between the income and estate tax treatments to minimize tax liability or using marital planning and portability effectively to inherit any unused federal estate tax exemption. He helps clients to understand the estate implications of the Generation Skipping Transfer Tax and the use of land trusts for investor privacy in real estate portfolios. When planning with life insurance, he considers it vital to minimize estate taxes through strategic use of Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts as part of a well-designed estate plan and charitable trusts to best reflects clients’ philanthropic values. In short, Maurice dedicates himself fully to informing and empowering his clients to achieve their greatest dreams and aspirations with integrity, patience, skill and care. In his free time, Maurice enjoys painting, writing and illustrating his series of children’s educational books featuring his three pups, spending time traveling the world with his family as well as providing mentoring and education scholarships to students in need.
Eric R. Gaddy
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke. BA Economics
- Registered Representative- Dean Witter 1994-1995
- Senior Vice-President, Senior Financial Consultant First Citizens Investor Services 1995-2003, 2005-2010
- Vice-President Registered Representative RBC Dain Rauscher 2003-2005
- President Ethos Wealth Group 2010-2017
- Founder Retire Early 365 2017-Present
Eric has been managing client’s money and expectations since 1993. He is the author of the book “Retire Early What are you waiting for?” and the host of the Personal Finance Unfiltered podcast. Eric is an advice-only financial advisor who charges by the hour or monthly subscription. As a fiduciary, Eric puts his client’s interests first. His goal is to help you navigate the complicated investment world and educate you on how to reach your goals most efficiently. Eric enjoys spending time with his life partner Deb and his two children, Kate and Frank. In his spare time, he enjoys traveling, writing and sitting back with a cold beer and a good cigar.
• South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, BS Geological Engineering, 1981
• Petroleum Engineer, Chevron Production Company 1982 – 1998
• SAP Project Systems Consultant (various firms) 1999 – 2018
• Shankland Financial Advisors, Associate Advisor 2018 to present
Mark is the newest addition to the Shankland team. His engineering and business consulting experience of over 35 years has helped prepare him for the data acquisition and analysis required to make effective assessments and assist clients in reaching their financial goals. He started out as a client himself and was impressed with Daryl’s advice and her approach to developing a realistic retirement plan. He was one of those clients that became a friend and eventually left the world of business consulting (and business travel) to work with Daryl and her team as an associate. Mark lives outside of the small unincorporated town of Mill Spring, NC and enjoys, hiking, kayaking, cooking and movies.